Most housewife quite complicated to choose dishes every day, especially when have parties, and there is little time for cooking.
But we recommend how to cook this dish easily and spend less and less time for all women called “Easy General Tso’s Chicken”. More info: buzzfeed
For the chicken:
2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
1 cup rice wine
¼ cup soy sauce
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cubed)
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon salt
For the general tso’s sauce:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
½ cup dried chili pods
¼ cup rice wine
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar (may substitute white wine vinegar)
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch slurry (equal parts cornstarch and water, mixed)
For the garnish:
¼ cup green onions, chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup rice wine, ¼ cup of soy sauce, and cubed chicken thighs. Stir and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to an hour.
2. In a separate large bowl, combine 1 cup of flour and 1 tablespoon of salt. Remove chicken from wine/soy marinade and place in flour mixture. Mix thoroughly, until all the chicken pieces are coated.
3. Fill a dutch oven or large pot at least two inches deep with vegetable oil. Heat oil to 365˚F/185˚C.
4. Place chicken pieces in frying oil, stirring occasionally. Fry until they are golden brown, roughly 4-5 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from oil and set aside to drain on paper towels or a wire rack.
6. In a large skillet, bring one tablespoon of vegetable oil to medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger, stirring frequently for one minute.
7. Add dried chili pods. Continue stirring for 30 seconds before adding rice wine, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sugar. Stir occasionally until mixture is bubbling.
8. Add cornstarch slurry, stirring frequently. The sauce should begin to thicken in a minute or less.
9. Add cooked chicken pieces, stirring them to coat with the sauce.
10. Remove from heat and garnish with green onions and rice.